Hi my dear readers! I am finally back again, I am sorry that I was gone for a couple of weeks, but earlier this month, I went on my annual vacation to Switzerland to visit family and friends and I really was enjoying my time with them – and admittedly neglecting the blog a bit. And when I got back, well there were a lot of things to catch up with as well. As I also told you in my last blog post, I was also taking some time to think about layout changes I would like to do with the blog. And for that I have decided I will probably change to self-hosting in a couple of weeks from now as this just allows for so much more flexibility. So probably expect another small break for me until my next blog post, until everything is moved over, I would estimate sometimes mid July – just in time for my upcoming 1 year blog anniversary! Yep, it’s crazy how time flies! Almost 1 year since I started this little space to share the goodness of Superfoods Anyways, I’ll be putting together a special post for the anniversary plus I hope to have the new layout ready by then! So stay tuned! 😉
Well, so much to updates and where I am at the moment, but now to the actual topic of this post: a heavenly yet delicious creation from the Superfoodista kitchen – a healthier Apple Crumble recipe
This scrumptious and clean dessert, features following Superfoods:
Caramelized Apple in the hot dish, without the crumbles yet:
Apple Crumble fresh out of the oven! Ready for the scoop of banana ice cream 😉 Of course you can also add any other ice cream of your choice, e.g. vanilla or cinnamon.
Dig in and enjoy! I will be bringing this over to Fiesta Friday now at my friend Angie’s blog the Novice Gardener! Oh, how I missed the creative and fun crowd over there! Can’t wait to see all the creations for this week! I have definitely missed a lot of yumminess the two Fiestas I didn’t attend!
Have a lovely weekend you all! hugs 😉
- 1 (organic) Apple, cut into thin slices
- 4 tbsp coconut palm sugar, divided
- 4 tbsp margarine or coconut oil
- 8 tbsp rolled oats, of which 2 tbsp should be finely ground (use a food processor for that)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 frozen bananas (tip that your blender blades will thank you for: cut into pieces before freezing!)
- In a pan, heat up 2 tbsp of the margarine (or coconut oil), add the apple slices
- Add 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, let simmer at lower heat for about 5 minutes until the apple pieces are soft
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the coconut palm sugar, the margarine, the cinnamon and the oats, form crumbles
- Put the cooked apple slices into a baking pan, then cover with the crumbles
- Put into the oven and bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes until the crumbles are nice and crunchy(like granola!)
- In the meantime, make the banana ice cream, which is basically, just putting the frozen banana pieces into a blender, maybe with a splash of milk of your choice, then scrape down from the size and form two ice cream scoops - so delicious, healthy and dairy free too!
- Take out the crumble from the oven, place the banana ice cream scoop on top, serve warm