Hey there, it’s good Friday today and Easter Sunday is just around the corner. When I still used to live in Switzerland, Easter was kind of a big deal, also because we would get the days off between Good Friday and Easter Monday and people would usually go on some mini vacation in the Southern part of Switzerland or other neighboring countries. Or we would spend the time with the family, celebrating the origin of the Holiday and enjoy a good lunch together. Easter for me is also always connected to spring and the “rebirth” of nature, one of my favorite seasons!
Here in the US, it’s unfortunately not a public holiday, nevertheless it’s being celebrated and therefore, I wanted to post some small and fun Easter recipe ideas. Mr. Superfoodista and me are planning on going to a friend’s house on Sunday for some yummy lunch, but these recipes would all work perfectly for hosting guests or to treat yourself to a nice Easter feast 😉
Savory Carrot Cup Cake
Don’t be fooled by the sweet appearance of these tiny treats – they are not sugary at all, but rather made of 100% healthy and savory ingredients!
Ingredients & Preparation:
- Mix ground walnuts and tomato paste so you get a sticky type of “dough”, press firmly into paper muffins forms as the bottom part
- Mash up a cooked sweet potato, add some salt and pepper to season, add as second layer on top of the bottom
- Lastly add a layer of Greek yogurt
- Decorate with a mini carrot (you can carve it out of a regular carrot) and add a piece of cilantro leave as green
Colorful home-made Chocolate Cups
The recipe for these is the same like the original recipe for home-made chocolate cups I posted a while back. I just used different ingredients to give the chocolates different colors: Raspberry pulp for pink, fresh, mashed mango for yellow, spinach for green and blackberry pulp for purple! Don’t be scared of using spinach to color: as spinach has virtually no taste of its own, you won’t get any weird veggie taste or so in your chocolate 😉
Colorful Deviled Eggs with Superfoods
Deviled eggs were a childhood favorite of mine, oh, so good! But back then, I used to make it the unhealthy way, with heeeaps of mayonnaise. My recipe for today is packed with Superfoods – and I have different colors for you too! 😉
Ingredients & Preparation:
- 3 Eggs, hard boiled and cut in half, remove the cooked egg yolk from the halves and put into a bowl
- For the yellow filling, mix the egg yolks with 2 tbsp of Greek yogurt
- For the green filling make guacamole (ripe avocado, mashed and mixed with lime juice, salt, pepper, bit of cumin and fresh cilantro)
- For the red filling, I made some beetroot hummus, following the recipe I posted a couple of months back
- Fill 2 halves each with one of the three fillings, top with Superfoods and herbs of your choice, for example: Chia seeds, hemp seeds, chopped sun-dried tomato, cilantro, etc.
Well, hope I could inspire some Easter and spring feelings with these ideas.
I wish you and your families a happy Easter celebration! Enjoy the weekend! 😉