No-Cook Gazpacho with home-made Basil Croutons

Hi there my lovely readers! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with your loved ones! I enjoyed mine back home in Switzerland and now I am still for a few days in Bangkok – taking advantage of the more quiet times at work to leave the US for more than 1 week and finally make the long trip to Asia πŸ˜‰ It’s super nice here as always (Thailand is my second home!) and I am taking notes of many new recipes ideas and photos which I will be hopefully able to share with you soon!

I made this recipe a few weeks ago and thought it would be perfect for this time, after all the Christmas feasts, as a light and quick meal.Β Gazpacho is a typical dish from Spain. It is popular in the summer, as it is a chilled soup, but I find it also refreshing in a winter month – and oh well, I know I am repeating myself, in Miami, the temperatures are always kind of summer-like πŸ˜‰ I was craving this soup, so I made it, but I made it a no-cook version, in order for it to be a real healthy and fast to prepare week-day meal!

This dish contains following Superfoods:

• Tomato
  • Garlic
  • Avocado

Ingredients: 1- 2 portions

• 4 small tomatoes (or 2 big ones)
  • 1 can (= 8oz) organic tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1 onion
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1/4 jalapeΓ±o (careful – very spicy!)
  • 1 – 2 celery stalks (depending on size)
  • 1/4 bell pepper (red preferably)
  • 1/2 lemon – the freshly squeezed juice
  • Salt and pepper
  • Avocado mousse (optional): 1/2 avocado, salt, pepper
  • Basil croutons: 2 slices of wholegrain (or any other healthy bread of your choice) toast cut into small cubes, 4 tbsp olive oil, a handful of fresh basil leaves chopped, salt & pepper

No-Cook-Gazpacho-ingredients

Preparation

• Put all ingredients in a powerful blend and blend on high until you have a nice, thick “soup”
  • Put into the fridge and chill for about 15 – 30 minutes
  • In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a pan, add the bread and “toast” until crunchy, add the basil leaves, season with salt and pepper
  • Also, mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper for the avocado mousse
  • First put the avocado mousse into the serving dish, then pour in the gazpacho, and lastly, add the croutons, serve immediately

I hope you enjoyed the “trip” to Spain! πŸ˜‰

No-Cook-Gazpacho-in-Blend No-Cook-Gazpacho-croutons No-Cook-Gazpacho-1 No-Cook-Gazpacho-2 No-Cook-Gazpacho-4 No-Cook-Gazpacho-3

I hope you enjoyed this recipe idea.

I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful New Year’s celebration and all the best! Thank you so much for your support for Superfoodista Β – I am super grateful for all of you and your interest! big hug, Sylvia

Comments

1. M-R says

Only just found this one, Sylvia – how do they (1) hide and (2) suddenly pop out ?
    No matter: it looks simply wonderful !!!

• Sylvia @superfoodista.com says

Dear Margaret, thank you so much for your kind comment! πŸ˜‰ I recently switched to self-hosting, so I think there are some things acting up a bit funnily at the moment. Hope you get this response, because I am not sure of this works either πŸ˜‰ hugs & thanks for stopping by!

• superfoodista says

Dear Fae, wow, thank you so much for your kind words!! They make me very happy! I am so glad we met and connected through blogging!! You are an inspiration for me! Happy New Year!! πŸ˜‰

• superfoodista says

Thank you so much dear! πŸ˜‰ Oh, how nice! Let me know when you make it and if your mom liked it. It’s not a super typical Gazpacho, but goes into that direction and it’s without cooking, therefore super easy to prepare. Hope you have a fantastic 2014 and thank you for the support!! Sylvia

• superfoodista says

Thank you so much Susan!! πŸ˜‰ Yes, I really like that glass too, and the avocado was to give it some color and different texture! Thank you so much for your kind words and I wish you a fantastic New Year!

2. coconutandberries says

I adore gazpacho. I ate it almost everyday for 6 months when I lived in Barcelona!
    Shamefully I never made it myself…There’s a great brand available in Spain called el Alvalle which I was obsessed with.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip. Wishing you a very happy New Year!

• superfoodista says

Thank you so much my dear Emma! Wow, I didn’t know you used to lived in Barcelona?? It’s such a fantastic city! My boyfriend lived there as well 2 years (before I met him πŸ˜‰ ) and I loved to visit when I still lived in Switzerland! I must check this brand next time I am in Spain. Thank you so much for your lovely wishes!! I am sending you the same great wishes for 2014. May it be simply great!! And I am looking forward to read more from your lovely blog!!! It was one of my dearest discoveries for this year! Beautiful recipes and pictures!! hugs, Sylvia

• superfoodista says

Thank you so much my dear!! Yes, the avocado addition was sort of a spontaneous idea, but it really worked out!! Thank you so much for stopping by! Wish you a wonderful New Year!! hugs, Sylvia

3. foodbod says

Lovely fresh recipe, Sylvia ☺️ I hope you have a wonderful trip and a great New Year. I look forward to reading lots more of your blog in 2014 x

• superfoodista says

Thank you so much Elaine for these kinds words!!! Sorry for the late reply, but I am not always online right now during vacation πŸ˜‰ The New Year’s Eve celebration was really good! πŸ˜‰ I hope you had a wonderful experience too! Yes, can’t wait to read more from you and looking forward to a great 2014 together!! All the best for you and your loved ones!! hugs, Sylvia