Hi there my lovely readers! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with your loved ones! I enjoyed mine back home in Switzerland and now I am still for a few days in Bangkok – taking advantage of the more quiet times at work to leave the US for more than 1 week and finally make the long trip to Asia 😉 It’s super nice here as always (Thailand is my second home!) and I am taking notes of many new recipes ideas and photos which I will be hopefully able to share with you soon!
I made this recipe a few weeks ago and thought it would be perfect for this time, after all the Christmas feasts, as a light and quick meal. Gazpacho is a typical dish from Spain. It is popular in the summer, as it is a chilled soup, but I find it also refreshing in a winter month – and oh well, I know I am repeating myself, in Miami, the temperatures are always kind of summer-like 😉 I was craving this soup, so I made it, but I made it a no-cook version, in order for it to be a real healthy and fast to prepare week-day meal!
This dish contains following Superfoods:
Ingredients: 1- 2 portions
- 4 small tomatoes (or 2 big ones)
- 1 can (= 8oz) organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 jalapeño (careful – very spicy!)
- 1 – 2 celery stalks (depending on size)
- 1/4 bell pepper (red preferably)
- 1/2 lemon – the freshly squeezed juice
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado mousse (optional): 1/2 avocado, salt, pepper
- Basil croutons: 2 slices of wholegrain (or any other healthy bread of your choice) toast cut into small cubes, 4 tbsp olive oil, a handful of fresh basil leaves chopped, salt & pepper
- Put all ingredients in a powerful blend and blend on high until you have a nice, thick “soup”
- Put into the fridge and chill for about 15 – 30 minutes
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a pan, add the bread and “toast” until crunchy, add the basil leaves, season with salt and pepper
- Also, mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper for the avocado mousse
- First put the avocado mousse into the serving dish, then pour in the gazpacho, and lastly, add the croutons, serve immediately
I hope you enjoyed the “trip” to Spain! 😉
I hope you enjoyed this recipe idea.
I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful New Year’s celebration and all the best! Thank you so much for your support for Superfoodista – I am super grateful for all of you and your interest! big hug, Sylvia