This is another recipe I just had to try, because I was soooo curious! I couldn’t believe this would actually work. I saw a couple of inspirations on instagram for mug cakes and I decided to give it a try finally. I based my creation on Amy’s recipe as she posted a picture of her creation on instagram a few days back and adapted it a bit. Amy has an amazing blog and also instagram account with totally mouthwatering pictures and very original recipe ideas.
And this mug cake is simply genius! It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and cook! Yep…for real! A clean, gluten-free and home-made cake in 5 minutes!
This mug cakes contain following Superfoods:
- 6 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour (Amy uses almond flour, but it’s really expensive to buy this here, so I used the gluten-free flour mix I had at home)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp crunchy almond butter (original recipe was with peanut butter, but I had this amazing crunchy almond butter at home with actual small almond pieces in it – simply heaven! )
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips with as much cacao content as possible!
- Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl, then add all the other ingredients, mix carefully with a spoon or fork to not destroy the power of the baking powder
- Pour into a big mug or two small mugs (or I tested with a glass – works too!)
- Put into the microwave and cook at the highest power level for 2 minutes
- Check if the cake is done with a stick
- Sprinkle with some more chocolate chips or I used cacao nibs, almond butter, coconut flakes, etc. – I just used a bit of raw cacao nibs which are really good for you as they are pure cacao, but not sweet though, just really nice and crunchy
I simply love the recipe! I am still fascinated that this really worked! 😉 I am going to make this very often now!!
Have you tried to make a mug cake before?
I also made 1 in a glass, so you can actually see the amazing CAKE consistency and that it really works! 😉
- Mug Cookie Cake (travelingturquoisemaven.wordpress.com)
- Microwaved Coffee Cup Molten Chocolate Cake for Two (thebittenword.com)
- Pumpkin Protein Mug Cake (sveltephilosophy.wordpress.com)
- Microwave protein Mug cakes vegan and gluten free (thehealthynewlife.wordpress.com)