Tabouleh is one of my all-time favorite foods! When we still lived in Zurich, we would go from time to time with a group of friends to one of our favorite restaurants, Le Cèdre (always in groups, because mezze is more fun to eat in groups as you can share more different kinds!) – and they would serve a fantastic tabouleh there.
I was so happy to have found an authentic tabouleh recipe in the fantastic blog Fae’s Twist & Tango. Fae features so many tasty recipes on her blog which are from all over the world. It’s a must-visit – her recipes are authentic and wonderful – and she is such a kind and inspiring lady too!
Like her, I am also inspired by the world’s cuisine – and today, I am featuring this delicious and refreshing middle-eastern dish that I based off her recipe. I made a small change (my twist & tango! ;-)) and replaced the bulgur – which is part of a real authentic tabouleh – with my superfood version, the Quinoa. I wanted to make this recipe superfoodista-style, but still keep its original flavor, and I thought that quinoa would be somewhat similar to the bulgur – or at least not modify the taste too much.
This recipe contains following Superfoods:
- Olive oil
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup tomato de-seeded, diced
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 2/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
- 3 stems green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together, except the salt and pepper, so no liquid is drained from the tomato and cucumber
- Put into the fridge to chill and marinate for about 30 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste just before serving! Enjoy 😉