Hi good night, this is a spontaneous post, as my dear friend Scarlett from the most amazing blog Fork and Flower has asked me to share a few things about myself and well, I am feeling chatty tonight, so I am happy to comply with her request 😉
But, oh well, first let me tell you, I am totally, helplessly IN LOVE with her blog. It’s one of the most classy and elegant ones out there. I don’t know how she does it, but she has probably one of the most beautiful apartments in Zurich (I need to see it one day!), and she makes fabulous food which she serves on these fantastic vintage serve wares – it’s a dream. I just love to dwell on her blog and day dream…oh yes. And what I also really love about her is that she lives in my beautiful city Zurich! Well, I am not there right now, because oh well, I am temporarily exiled to Miami for love, but I hope to be back there one day! 😉 Anyways, love this classy and witty lady’s blog – so when you have a moment, check it out – totally worth it.
So, ok let’s get started with the questions, shall we? 😉 I didn’t come up with my own (yes, sorry Scarlett, I was too lazy as well ) – so this is what she told readers about herself and what I will do too:
1) As you look past your computer right now, what do you see? The lovely, most amazing, wooden dining table! Unfortunately it’s not ours, and we will move in 2 weeks, so I am solely but surely bidding my goodbye to him (*sob, sob*). He was such an amazing photo shoot companion, it will be hard to find a replacement in the new place Otherwise, some candles (I love candles, especially those with exquisite smell), my camera, iphone, a Basil plant, a Bonsai, etc. Well, nothing exciting really – sorry.
- 1 cup oats, finely blended
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 – 1 cup milk of any type
- 1 flax egg (= 1 tbsp grounded flax seeds and 3 tbsp water) or normal egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 tbsp coconut oil (for baking the pancakes)
- Fruits and maple syrup (or agave nectar) for topping
- Mix all ingredients together
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil and bake the pancakes carefully one after the other, on each side about 2 – 3 minutes
- Serve on a plate, topped with maple syrup, agave or honey, some fruits (and for the non-vegans: I also topped them with 1 tbsp of greek yogurt)