Ok, this recipe is super close to the healthy pasta dish I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I made these for lunch the other day, because I was so curious about the “Zucchini” noodles I have been seeing everywhere, so I needed to give it a try.
This dish contains following Superfoods:
- Brown Rice (spaghetti)
- Olive oil
- Zucchini, grated into thin stripes, like spaghetti
- Brown rice spaghetti (optional, you should be able to find them in the supermarket or in a health food store)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives (if you don’t like olives, you can leave this out)
- Sun dried tomatoes, cut in juliennes
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil the spaghetti
- When the spaghetti are basically done, add the zucchini stripes for like 15 – 30 seconds, not more, otherwise they become “mushy” (actually you could also eat them raw, but I liked them slightly cooked)
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, add the onions and garlic, saute until the taste comes out, add tomatoes, parsley and black olives
- Now carefully mix in the spaghetti and serve!
I used some brown rice spaghetti for this dish, as I wanted to have some extra “bite”, but it’s of course possible to only use the zucchini spaghetti and make it a really low calorie and even healthier meal. Enjoy!
- zusghetti with sun dried tomato pesto (nutrisue.ca)