As its’ mid-September now, I thought it would be okay to start posting recipes that feature pumpkin. Pumpkin is a really great Superfood and I just love how it tastes! I can actually eat pumpkin all year round, seriously And as mentioned, the good thing is that pumpkin is a real nutrition superstar, because it is high in fiber and low in calories at the same time, and it contains no saturated fats or cholesterol.
When I think about pumpkin, I usually think of a nice, creamy soup and although it’s still hot here in Miami, I wanted to cook one. In my opinion, a soup not only warms your body, but also your soul. I love to eat soups in the evening for example. This pumpkin has an Asian side-kick too, as it made with coconut milk and cilantro.
This soup contains following Superfood: Pumpkin.
- 1/4 middle sized Pumpkin, cooked until very soft, so it can be pureed
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Some stock, salt and pepper to taste
- With a blender, make a puree out of the softly cooked pumpkin
- Pour back into a pan and add the coconut milk and finely chopped cilantro
- Add stock, salt and pepper until well seasoned
- Serve with some bread on the side, as a light dinner or amazing appetizer