I always thought Clafouti was a dessert from the mountain region of Switzerland, but actually it is of French origin! I had to come all the way to the US and watch a show on foodnetwork TV to learn this 😉 But well, as the French are known for their amazing cuisine, their sweets and pastry, this dish is truly delicious as well. The classic version is made with cherries, but as I just love blueberries warm (I think their tastes comes out so much more! yes, and sorry, I think I am repeating myself here! ), I thought I would use them instead, and I also incorporated some another Superfood into the classic recipe, the humble, but so great and healthy buckwheat.
This sweet plate contains the following 2 Superfoods:
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Eggs
- 6 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Butter the forms for the Clafouti (this amount is enough for about 2 forms with 4 inch/ 12 cm diameter)
- Mix the Buttermilk, heavy cream, buckwheat flour, eggs, agave nectar, vanilla extract and salt together with a whisk
- Pour a little bit of the mix into the form, until the surface is covered, bake for about 3 minutes in the oven that has been pre-heated to 350F (180C)
- Take the form out and add the Blueberries into it and the rest of the mix, until blueberries are slightly covered, put back into oven and bake for about another 20 – 25 minutes (check if it’s done with the toothpick)
- Serve with some powder sugar sprinkled on top and if you want, with some vanilla sauce!