This recipe is atually inspired by our favorite Spanish Tapas restaurant in Miami, Barceloneta. They serve such delicious food!! And one of our favorite dishes there, is this Ensalada Ferrán. In the restaurant, I believe they serve it with some more toppings, like herbs and onions, but I have found that the combination I tried for my “copy with pride” version at home worked really well. And it’s really incredibly easy and fast to prepare. The amazing flavor combination of the ingredients will do their magic for you.
This dish contains one of my other favorite Superfood besides Blueberries: Tomatoes. Tomatoes are packed with lycopene, an antioxidant that gives tomatoes their deep red color and also protect against diseases.
- Ripe and aromatic tomatoes (heirloom, on the wine or Campari usually taste great)
- Green onion
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pepper and coarse (sea) salt
- Cut the tomatoes in thin slices and place on plate
- Cut the watermelon in tiny cubes and carefully place over the tomatoes
- Topp with the green onions, cut in thin dices
- Season with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste
- Tastes really fantastic as an appetizer or light dish with some bread on the side
Also, I am super excited about these pictures my friend Marcello took for me for this recipe! He has this amazing 50mm lense that I need to buy, they are fantastic for close up pictures. More to come – hopefully, I will be able to publish more of these kind of images. They are just too lovely! Don’t they just make you want to eat this plate right now?
This one is taken with my camera, I got the settings right, but I think it’s just the tomatoes themselves that look absolutely gorgeous in their beautiful, natural, red color.