Greek Yoghurt is usually referred to as one of the Superfoods. However, this is only true for the plain version, as the flavored Greek yoghurts you can buy in the supermarkets, very often come with a lot of white sugar, artificial sweeteners, colorants, etc. But don’t you just crave a fruit yoghurt sometimes? Of course you can add some fresh strawberries, blueberries or other fruits to the plain yoghurt, but it’s somehow not the same. So here is a super easy 3-step idea how to make your own flavored Greek yoghurt at home.
This recipe contains of course Greek yoghurt as the Superfood. And depending on what kind of fruit you add, there can be more, e.g. Blueberries, pomegranate, etc.
- Plain Greek Yoghurt (I personally like the 2% fat one, a tad more creamy than the 0% fat version)
- Strawberries (or any other fruit), fresh or frozen
- Agave nectar
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Heat very little water in a pan, add the fruits, cook until they are soft and then mash them with a fork, let them cool a bit
- Add Greek yoghurt to the fruits and sweeten with agave nectar as sweet as you like it
- To add even more taste, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Serve as it is, or topped with your favorite granola