To be honest, I actually don’t know how to make “real” Ceviche. After having moved to Miami, I started to discover Peruvian restaurants. In Switzerland – where I used to live before – we didn’t really have any of them. And Ceviche is something I really got hooked with. It’s such a refreshing and amazingly flavorful dish!
However, what I learned about Ceviche is that the lime juice added to the dish “cooks” the seafood or fish that is mixed into the dish. Well, I was a bit scared to use raw fish, so I bought already cooked cocktail shrimps and crab sticks and used them for my first ceviche. I made my first “ceviche” about 1 month ago for a get-together with friends and since it was quite popular (it was gone very quickly), I concluded, it mustn’t have been so bad, and apparently quite similar to a “real” ceviche.
And this ceviche also contains 2 types of Superfoods:
- Mango, Pineapple, Tomato, Avocado, all cut into small cubes
- Cilantro, finely chopped (I know there are some people that don’t like cilantro, it can be also left out in this case)
- Red onion (shallots), cut into small pieces
- Seafood of your choice, here I took crabmeat and shrimps – both already cooked to avoid any incidents with raw seafood
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Add lime juice and agave syrup, some salt, to your taste
- Let it sit and marinate for about 30 minutes and then serve!